Monday, June 8, 2009

Hurray!

School is out!!! What can I say? I made it. As Jared has lovingly taken the camera with him to Montana, there will be precious few pictures to add in the next few weeks. But I figured I would let you know I somehow survived. This week I am doing a district training learning how to teach Gifted/Talented kids. It has already been really interesting, and I am now coming to terms with what a nerd I am. I was dreading going this morning and was pleasantly surprised when I completely enjoyed sitting there for 7.5 hours learning. I always say I don't miss going to school. But I was sitting there realizing that maybe I prefer to learn rather than to teach. There are less behavior problems that way.  Of course, I have also learned to actually give my opinion. When I was at BYU, I think I can count on two hands the number of times I made a comment in any of my classes. Graduate school must have changed that for me, because now I don't shut up. 

As to what Jared is up to these days, he is somewhere up in the north freezing to death. At least that is what I have gleaned from my five minute conversations with him everyday. They went on their first death march today. He has class after the hikes way into the evening. But he did tell me that he attended a pig race this weekend. That must be about all of the excitement there is up there. Of course, I don't have all that much excitement down here unless you count my cats nipping at my fingers. 

In other good news, my brother and sister are coming to visit in just a couple of short (ok - long) weeks and hopefully I can get one of them to bring a camera so I can get pictures of all that. 

1 comment:

Michele said...

A pig race? Ben will be intrigued...you know how he feels about anything involving bacon. I wonder what's the penalty for the losing pigs...