Friday, May 15, 2009

Make Up Your Mind!



So, it's been a while. A few things have happened since I last wrote. I was moved to 3rd grade- without my knowledge. The school is trying to keep everybody employed despite the fact that there needs to be less teachers next year due to a decrease in students (somehow, though the numbers don't add up to me). When they moved me down to third, I thought - no way. That wasn't where I wanted to be. I have been talking about wanting to move up to higher grades and now they were moving me down. So I took and passed a test that would ensure that I could teach middle/junior high students and put in transfer papers. Not four days later, the principal told me I was going to be teaching 4th grade after all. So not only is the school having a hard time deciding what to do to do with me, I am as well. I guess I will just leave the option open. I really think I would like to teach middle or junior high anyway.

Either way, school will be officially out in 3 weeks. The last week I don't even really count because it is so full of cleaning/games/activities there really is no teaching time. Some would claim there is no teaching time now with the way the kids are behaving. They are already on summer vacation in their minds. So am I. Which is why I put up my lovely Sims 3 counter over there. That is sure to be a big part of my summer plans. Also, our boat and probably many sunburns will factor in.

Jared is leaving to field camp again this year for 4 weeks (so my blogging may get a little less sparse with all the free time). He claims it's for monetary purposes, but I think he just wants to go to field camp again. Notice the lovely beard. That is a tradition which, try as I may, I can't break. I do hope it's a good time though. He gets to go up near the Yellowstone area (concidentally, it just so happens my whole family was planning to take a trip up there this summer anyway, so we are going to go get him when he's done).


He wouldn't look up from his work so I was forced to take this shot. Notice the sweat - gorgeous Houston weather we are having these days.:)

Anyway, to the point of writing this blog - two reasons really. (a) I needed a May blog, and (b) to display pictures of the boat. Now we will have this boat to play in all summer for years with any luck. It goes really quite fast and surprisingly I do like it. Any of you are welcome to come down and give it a try. We just need some water skiis. If you like fishing, you can try that too. I'm afraid we're still no good at it though, so we won't be much help.



Anyway, I am super excited for summer and a chance to get a break and just relax. I'll try and be better about sharing some of my summer adventures.

2 comments:

Michele said...

Congrats on passing your test! I'll have to show Ben this post whenever he gets home - that way he can see pics of the swanky new boat and maybe let us go visit you this summer :-)

The Laytons said...

Sweet boat! Good job Jared!
Becky, Sam doesn't need to go to field camp to grow out his facial hair...it's a losing battle for me. Good thing it looks good on him!
We're SO excited to see you guys this summer. I think the last time I saw Jared was when he came to our wedding! Is he really THAT busy? Or avoiding us... ha! See you guys soon!